Monday, November 14, 2011

Adventure Is Out There





I'll admit it: the level of excitement I'm at right now is unheard of for a Monday morning. And no, it's not because I thought I'd go ahead and treat myself to a Starbucks salted caramel mocha.

To put it simply, I'll be living in Europe this summer!

I just turned in my forms for a study abroad program my college is offering to Spain and Greece. Although the program is only four weeks, we'll be exploring four of Europe's most popular destinations. Barcelona in Spain (where we'll arrive first) then Athens, Mykonos and Santorini in Greece.

Travel has always been a passion of mine - I spent countless hours of my childhood re-watching episodes of Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe while wishing I had her job. Since I haven't had much of the opportunity during my college years, I've spent my time abroad only through hours of perusing my parents' dog-eared travel guides. I relish the idea of spending a future weekend hidden in an aisle of Barnes & Noble as I dissect book after book on European travel.

In addition to thoughts concerning what sights I want to see and what cultural events I want to experience during my trip, I can't help but imagine my world-traveler wardrobe. Packing light will be essential in order to ensure room in my suitcases for trickets acquired from my journey. I'm picturing a lot of white to reflect the sun's envious rays combined with Mediterranean blues and colorful jewelry from local vendors. Almost like Amanda Seyfried in Mamma Mia, but without all the singing.

Even though I have months to think about it, I'm already stuck day-dreaming. Sorry in advance for the multiple traveler pictures and scenic views.

No comments:

Post a Comment